Is there a need for a Part 107 license for real estate aerial photography? The short answer is: yes. While there are different types of license available for people that wish to take and photograph aerial images of private properties, these images are not available to the general public and therefore require a special license.

Do I Need a Part 107 License for Real Estate Aerial Photography

If you want to take an image of private property without breaking any laws and without jeopardizing your business then it is best to obtain a license. There are several different types of Part 107 licenses and in this article we will cover the most common types of licenses.

Commercial/Hazardous Use license – This type of license is issued by the FAA to allow the private pilot to photograph or film various aerial scenes, and public places, such as the airport and airports, but only within a certain range. These are also generally available from commercial photographers.

Private land surveyor license – This license is typically reserved for land surveyors who are responsible for taking and photographing surveys of private property. This is one of the most popular of the licensed types of photographs and it is also the easiest to get, although it does have a higher cost.

Surveyor’s license – This license is required by most states and is used primarily to photograph surveys on private land and is not open to public viewing. It is important to note that private property surveys are not open to public view and are only visible to the surveyor themselves.

So now that you understand the different types of licenses for real estate aerial photography you can decide if you actually need one. Just remember to obtain a license for commercial, hazardous, and private land surveyor images. This will help keep your business and personal finances safe and allow you to make sure that you don’t violate any laws and can still use and profit from your aerial photos without having to worry about your business being in danger.

In order to find a reputable broker of aerial photos, you will want to contact the FAA and ask them for a list of licensed surveyors. Some of these brokers are located near you and others are online. While some of these brokers will charge a fee to meet with you to discuss aerial photographs, you should be able to get a good deal if you research your options.

There are a few things you should know about aerial photographs, so if you are considering getting one of these photos for real estate you should know what to expect. There are a lot of restrictions and regulations that govern the use of the Part 107 license, so it is important to know what you are getting into before deciding on a plan to use it.

A great place to start your research is by asking around at home or office companies that sell aerial photos to see what they recommend. These types of pictures are not widely available and you may need to take it upon yourself to find these types of pictures so you can take the right images that you need to get the job done.

Article sponsored by…

Solid Real Estate Photography
408 Bellaire Oaks Dr,
Pflugerville, TX 78660
Tel: (512) 731-6329

About Matthew

I concentrate on photographing feelings, photography what somebody can feel in a room, offering a way of living, and also in turn selling and renting your property quicker. There are hundreds of properties and venues noted to buy or rental every day. In every listing, the photographs assist the viewer to envision themselves and their family or organization within the area. This includes detailed post-processing of photos. Adjustments include Cropping, brightness, contrast, color balance, detail enhancement, clarity, and more. The goal is a bright, clean, clear story of the household being sold.